Happy Wednesday, ladies and gentlemen. We are midway through another week and just over 24 hours away from the start of the NFL regular season. These are the moments we wait for. It should be an interesting lead-up to the game while we wait to see if Chiefs star tight end Travis Kelce will be available after suffering a knee injury in practice, so you know the fantasy footballers will be keeping a close eye on the news cycle. Today, however, we have a full day of MLB to hold us over and the conclusion of the US Open quarterfinals featuring American Madison Keys. So without wasting any time, let’s get right to it and check out some headlines from around the web that we may have missed.
- Meet Lexis from Florida
- A Virginia football player is out for the year after he suffered a brutal injury while celebrating on the sideline.
- Dozens of University of Wisconsin students fell into a lake after a pier collapsed.
- The Cavinder Twins responded to critics who say they are only making money because they are white and hot.
- A Serbian basketball player lost a kidney after an in-game collision at the FIBA World Cup.
- MLB fans laughed at the Angels for using a Shohei Ohtani body double on team photo day.
- Harvard is named worst school for free speech — scoring zero out of possible 100.
- Here is today’s full MLB TV schedule.
- Chris Mortensen has announced his retirement from ESPN after 30+ years.
Video of the Day
We couldn't have had a season of Hard Knocks with Aaron Rodgers on it without a UFO sighting story 👽🛸😭 pic.twitter.com/yOQTdYn6Xv
— Joshua Sánchez (@jnsanchez) September 6, 2023
Aaron Rodgers shared his UFO sighting experience on the final episode of Hard Knocks with the New York Jets.
Food of the Day
Exploding with lobster. pic.twitter.com/SkZgTvJSyK
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) September 6, 2023
A lobster burrito? Who is going to say no?