Happy Sunday, ladies and gentlemen. Last night, Jon Jones made a triumphant return to the UFC after a three-year hiatus to claim the heavyweight championship and cement his legacy as the greatest of all-time. In the co-main event, Alexa Grasso shocked the MMA world and upset Valentina Shevchenko to claim a belt of her own. We also got to enjoy the first live Netflix special, with Chris Rock bringing the heat and finally addressing the Will Smith-Oscars drama by roasting the Fresh Prince and his wife, Jada. It’s must-see TV. While Monday is just around the corner, that doesn’t mean there is a shortage of excitement for today for us to enjoy. From the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational to the start of the 2023 F1 season and crucial games around the NBA, NHL, and college hoops, there will be plenty to take in. While we get ready for the full day ahead, let’s check out some headlines from around the web that we may have missed.
- Meet Ariana from the University of Arizona.
- Jackson Mahomes is under investigation for sexual assault and the entire incident was captured on surveillance video.
- Here are the Round 4 tee times for the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
- Jon Jones and Alexa Grasso captured UFC gold at UFC 285 on Saturday night.
- Travis Kelce roasted Patrick Mahomes, Jason Kelce during his opening monologue on SNL.
- The Formula One season gets underway on Sunday morning in Bahrain, so check out the starting grid for the 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Fleeing Florida motorcyclist flips off police before getting hit by truck.
- Trump’s new nickname for Ron DeSantis could be ‘Tiny D’ … just one of many options him and his team are reportedly workshopping nicknames for the Florida governor.
- Victoria’s Secret to bring back fashion show after 4-year hiatus.
- Bryce Young’s official Scouting Combine measurements are in.
- NASCAR star Chase Elliott to undergo surgery following snowboarding accident.
Video of the Day
AT THE BUZZER TO FORCE OT!
The first men's title game of the year is giving us ALL the drama.
📺: ESPN2 pic.twitter.com/N8x71NleLQ
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 5, 2023
March Madness is officially here, and the first men’s conference tournament championship game gave us all of the drama we have come to love and expect.
Food of the Day
The weekends are for carb-loading and this breakfast bread bowl should do the trick.