The Ultimate Fighting Championship returned to pay-per-view this weekend with UFC 285 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. UFC 285 was headlined by a championship doubleheader, and by the end of the night there were two new champions crowned.
In the main event, former light heavyweight king Jon Jones returned to action after a three-year hiatus from the Octagon to take on former interim heavyweight champion Ciryl Gane. When it was all said and done, Jones locked in a deep guillotine choke and Gane was unable to make it out of the first round.
In the co-main event, the women’s flyweight champion made her eighth title defense against Alexa Grasson, but the date did not go as planned. As it turns out, Shevchenko and Grasso put on one of the best fights of the like with a back-and-forth brawl through four rounds.
When it was all said and done, Grasso had her name raised in victory to complete the shocking upset.
Did you miss out on Saturday’s action? Don’t worry, because we have a full look at the UFC 285 results can be seen below.
UFC 285 Results
- Jon Jones def. Ciryl Gane via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 2:
- Alexa Grasso def. Valentina Shevchenko via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 4, 4:34
- Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:17
- Mateusz Gamrot def. Jalin Turner via unanimous decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:54
- Cody Garbrandt def. Trevin Jones via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dricus Du Plessis def. Derek Brunson via TKO (corner stoppage) – Round 2, 4:59
- Amanda Ribas def. Viviane Araujo via unanimous decision (29-27, 30-26, 30-27)
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Julian Marquez via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:12
- Ian Garry def. Song Kenan via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 4:22
- Cameron Saaiman def. Mana Martinez via majority decision (29-26, 29-27, 28-28)
- Tabatha Ricci def. Jessica Penne via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 2:14
- Farid Basharat def. Da’Mon Blackshear via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Loik Radzhabov def. Esteban Ribovics via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)