Here we go again, ladies and gentlemen. It’s another Monday, but we should all have some extra pep in our steps because this Monday is our last until college football returns. In just five days, we will ring in the 2021 year with Week 0. ESPN College GameDay will be kicking things off in Atlanta, Georgia this week at the Cricket MEAC/SWAC Challenge Kickoff game between HBCU programs North Carolina Central and Alcorn State. In the meantime, let’s start the week on a high note with some headlines that you may have missed over the weekend.
- Meet Stevie from Stetson University.
- A racehorse bucked its jockey, managed to break free from the track course grounds, and then went on a joyride down a Kentucky highway.
- A soccer match in France was suspended when fans threw bottles at players and stormed the field in what gave sports fans a Malice at the Palace-type vibe.
- Netflix’s Florida Man show has begun filming.
- Bitcoin is back on the rise!
- The highly-anticipated Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer leaked over the weekend and, of course, the internet had some thoughts.
- A wild fight took place in the stands at the Steelers preseason game over the weekend after a woman slapped a man in the back of the head.
- The Deshaun Watson NFL Top 100 video was very dark, and Twitter took notice.
- Here are the tee times for the final round of The Northern Trust.
Video of the Day
I could watch milk crate challenge videos all day 💀😭 pic.twitter.com/anGwTMrIN8
— Josh Sánchez (@joshnsanchez) August 22, 2021
If you haven’t noticed by now, the Milk Crate Challenge has been a major hit on social media over the weekend. The challenge has people trying to go over and down a makeshift staircase made out of milk crates, and it usually ends with a spectacular fall. Here is a personal favorite of mine that I have watched more than I care to admit.
Food of the Day
What doesn't kill me will make me fatter #FEASTAGRAM
(via the_roamingfoodie/IG) pic.twitter.com/ipQR5SXZg2
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) August 21, 2021
We are all in agreement that pizza is amazing, right? Okay. We are also in agreement that mac ‘n cheese is fantastic, correct? Perfect. Now, how about a mac ‘n cheese pizza? I am sold.