Happy Thursday, everyone! It’s been a busy and wild week, with things taking an even more bizarre turn on Wednesday with the news of Richard Sherman’s arrest. He allegedly crashed his car into a construction barrier, abandoned it, threatened to kill himself, fought police, and was taken down by a police K9. Luckily, no one was hurt. On a more positive note, today marks the start of The Open Championship, so if you are a golf fan you will get to enjoy some major stakes golf from the minute you wake up in the morning. And since there is some golf to watch, let’s not waste any more time and get right to the headlines. Indulge.
- Meet Erika from Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Here are your Round 1 groupings and tee times for The Open.
- This incredible drone tour of the 1st and 18th holes at Royal St. George’s will get you pumped for The Open.
- The 911 call audio from Richard Sherman’s wife reveals the NFL star was texting people that he was going to hang himself.
- UFC 264 reportedly had 1.8 million pay-per-view buys, making it the second-best-selling UFC pay-per-view of all time.
- The head greenskeeper at Royal St. George’s is already the star of The Open.
- Utah gun company under fire for Glock encased in Legos.
- Logan Paul is calling for a Floyd Mayweather rematch; says he will knock him out.
- ESPN addressed the Maria Taylor-Rachel Nichols situation in an internal memo that was leaked.
- Candace Parker has become the first female player to grace the cover of NBA 2k.
- Michigan man finds 160 bowling balls during home improvement project.
Video of the Day
CLUTCH BLOCK BY GIANNIS 😱 pic.twitter.com/jwB0b75o65
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 15, 2021
Food of the Day
Here are 3 ways to make Venezuelan cachapas 🫓
Which do you prefer? 😜Butter? Cheese? pic.twitter.com/0ZKIsjp7iK
— Tasty (@tasty) July 15, 2021
As a proud Latino, I’ve grown to love cachapas. You can simply fill them with cheese, fill them with steak, brisket, or pulled pork; the options are limitless and you will not be sorry you tried.