Happy July 1, everyone! It’s hard to believe that we are already ringing in a new month and that 2021 is more than halfway over. Now that the country has opened back up, we’ve all been reminded that time really does fly when you’re having fun. And speaking of fun, we are just 48 hours away from Fourth of July weekend, so we expect all of the readers to get out there and celebrate the holiday (while also drinking responsibly). But while we wait for the weekend, let’s help speed things up by dropping the latest headlines. Indulge.
- Meet Ella from Western University.
- Happy birthday to Baylor hoops smokeshow Jaden Owens.
- Patrick Beverley cheap-shotted Chris Paul at the end of Game 6 and NBA fans ripped him on Twitter.
- UFC Hall of Famer Rashad Evans is aiming for a fight with Logan Paul.
- Bill Cosby is being released from prison after the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court overturned his sexual assault charges.
- Mississippi State’s pitcher hilariously waved goodbye to a College World Series home run he gave up.
- The woman who caused the Tour de France crash has been arrested and could face criminal charges.
- A man followed through with a drunken dare and legally changed his name to John Cena.
Video of the Day
JARED WALSH GAME-TYING GRAND SLAM IN THE 9TH OFF CHAPMAN 😱
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 1, 2021
The Yankees completely collapsed in the ninth inning thanks to a game-tying grand slam given up by Aroldis Chapman.
Food of the Day
Burger of the week
Jamaican Beef Burger
Two 4oz jerk beef patty topped with grilled pineapple, lettuce, tomato and cool ranch dressing. Side of sweet fries. pic.twitter.com/3Q8Xcn2sHO
— George Keeley (@georgekeeleynyc) June 30, 2021
Because the grills will be working overtime this weekend, how about a nice juicy burger to get our appetites ready.