Happy Saturday, ladies and gentlemen. It’s gameday! The moment we have all been waiting for is finally here with the first full weekend of the 2023 college football season as Week 1 kicks into full swing. ESPN College GameDay will get us rolling live from Charlotte as we gear up for our first look at some of the top teams in the nation. I won’t waste too much time here, because there are only a few hours left to stock up your fridge with some ice cold beverages before we all park on the sofa for the day. So let’s get right to it and check out some of the headlines from around the web that we may have missed.
- Meet Bella from Nova Southeastern University.
- Here is your ESPN College GameDay location for Week 1.
- Check out the best finishes from fighters on today’s UFC Paris card.
- Hanna Cavinder isn’t giving up summer yet.
- Meet Matt Ganyard, Virginia’s 34-year-old kicker and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot.
- Legendary “Margaritaville” singer Jimmy Buffett has died at 76.
- MMA star Ilima-Lei Macfarlane raises over $2 million on IG for Maui wildfire victims.
- Chad Kelly has traveled north of the border and is now the highest-paid player in the CFL.
- Daniil Medvedev yells at ‘stupid’ U.S. Open fan to ‘shut up,’ and her reaction was the best.
- Michael Jordan’s custom copy of “To Kill A Mockingbird” is going for five figures.
Video of the Day
What a turnaround for Coco Gauff‼️
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 2, 2023
American sensation Coco Gauff has been putting on a show in New York City at the US Open.
Food of the Day
I am just posting this because it’s the first full college football Saturday, so why not go overboard with the burger?