Happy Thursday, ladies and gentlemen, we are closing in on the weekend. But before we get there, we have plenty of action still to take in. Last night, Dana White’s absurd Power Slap league made its debut and the reaction was mixed. Some loved the violence, others hated the direct shots to the head without the ability to block, but don’t expect it to go anywhere soon. Overnight, the Australian Open continued leading up to Novak Djokovic’s match in the wee hours of the morning, and this morning the 2023 American Express tournament kicks off. And that’s before we get to all of tonight’s games. So while we go through the day, let’s check out some headlines from around the web that we may have missed.
- Meet Hannah from West Virginia University.
- These are the 10 richest sports teams after 2022.
- Paige Spiranac announced VIP-only website OnlyPaige.
- Trevor Lawrence’s love for the Waffle House is real, and it’s spectacular.
- Florida Man tries robbing Publix with a stapler.
- Kevin Nash told law enforcement he has no plans to harm himself after he made dark comments about his son’s death.
- Here are the Round 1 tee times and groupings for the 2023 American Express.
- Aaron Rodgers says he’ll likely do ayahuasca again as NFL future remains unclear.
Video of the Day
The biggest hits. The most explosive moments. It’s all here in Power Slap: Beyond the Match 🖐💥
— Power Slap Official (@powerslapleague) January 19, 2023
Dana White’s Power Slap league is so brutal, yet intriguing. And the highlights are something you need to see.
Food of the Day
The guys in the kitchen made these for their dinner. Which one are you choosing? pic.twitter.com/OUNN0drVEa
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) January 19, 2023
It’s always a tough choice between a juicy burger and juicy steak.