Happy Friday, ladies and gentlemen. We’ve made it through another week and the best part about it all is that the NFL is officially back. The first preseason game of the year took place on Thursday night with the Las Vegas Raiders taking down the Jacksonville Jaguars. Now, football will be flooding our timelines as we anticipate the lead-up to the regular season. We also have a full weekend of mixed martial arts with the PFL Playoffs kicking off in New York City and the UFC crowning two new winners of The Ultimate Fighter reality series. As an added bonus, ESPN2 turns into ESPN8: The Ocho for 24 hours on Friday. Add in some MLB action and we’ve got a full slate of entertainment ahead.
- Meet Hanna from Los Angeles.
- Here is the full TV schedule for ESPN8: The Ocho for the next 24 hours.
- Aaron Rodgers says that hallucinogenic drugs helped him continue to play at a high level.
- Of course, Skip Bayless had to respond to Rodgers’ admission.
- A hockey player from an adult league kicked an opponent in the face with his skate during a game.
- Brittney Griner has been sentenced to nine years in Russian prison for drug smuggling.
- An impossibly rare Honus Wagner trading card sold for a whopping record $7.25 million.
- The PFL Playoffs kick off on Friday night. Here are the official weigh-in results for the NYC event.
- Florida Man gets bitten in the face by an alligator.
- Ex-ESPNer Matthew Berry has found a new home at NBC.
- Here are the Round 2 groupings & tee times for the Wyndham Championship.
Video of the Day
Come for the first TD of the preseason, stay for the celebration 💪
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 5, 2022
Raiders running back Ameer Abdullah recorded the first touchdown of the 2022 NFL preseason.
Food of the Day
Mango tango sushi roll 😋
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) August 4, 2022
A mango sushi roll? Sign me up.