Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Did everyone catch their breaths from yesterday? While we were all looking ahead to Fourth of July weekend and the start of NBA free agency, the sports world bombarded us with big story after big story. We learned that USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12 to join the Big Ten in 2024, and then reports surfaced that Kevin Durant has asked the Brooklyn Nets for a trade and the team is working with him to find a potential suitor. With just two big stories, the college sports and NBA landscapes are about to undergo monumental changes. But for now, let’s take a moment to kick back, relax, and prepare for the weekend ahead. Let’s check out some headlines from around the web.
- Meet Heather Watson, your new favorite tennis player.
- Two teams pay Bobby Bonilla deferred money long after his retirement.
- Twitter had plenty of jokes after Kevin Durant asked for a trade out of Brooklyn.
- These are the five teams that should trade for KD.
- American Airlines passenger admits jumping on beverage cart, trying to strip.
- The Avalanche continued trolling the Lightning during their Stanley Cup victory parade.
- USC and UCLA confirmed their pending moves to the Big Ten.
- The Pac-12 responded to the moves with a statement expressing their disappointment but focus on moving forward.
- Jaylen Brown rips Draymond Green: ‘Got a podcast and lost his damn mind’.
- Here is the order of play for Day 5 at Wimbledon.
- WWE signed Logan Paul as it continues to build a roster of promising up-and-coming entertainers and talent.
- With the John Deere Classic underway, here are the Round 2 tee times and groupings.
Video of the Day
.@JoeyVotto is everyone's best friend 🥺
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 1, 2022
Watching Joey Votto interact with the fans never gets old.
Food of the Day
GOOD Morning ☀️
📸: tastesbetterhere pic.twitter.com/ct4HkMpes8
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) June 30, 2022
That is my kind of breakfast sandwich.