Happy Thursday, ladies and gentlemen! If you went to bed early last night, you missed an epic opening game between the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics. The Knicks got the win in double-overtime, but it didn’t come easy. By the end of the game, there was a hilarity of mistakes with missed dunks and wide-open layups missed, but the entertainment was undeniable. We also watched Coastal Carolina’s perfect season come to an end thanks to a last-second field goal from Appalachian State to get the upset. If that’s setting the tone for the upcoming weekend of NFL and college football, we will be in for a treat. In the meantime, let’s take a quick look around the web at some of the headlines you may have missed.
- Meet Madison, a basketball player at James Madison University.
- Here are the betting odds and preview for Week 7 of the NFL regular season.
- And, of course, don’t forget your Week 7 fantasy football advice.
- Dick Vitale said in an emotional video Wednesday he’s still planning to call games despite chemotherapy treatments.
- LaMelo Ball went full Big Baller mode in the Hornets season-opener.
- The New York Knicks were roasted over a horrible graphic ahead of their season opener and were shamed into deleting it.
- Chris Brown says Kyrie Irving is a “real hero” for refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Facebook is rebranding and a name change is coming.
- Myles Garrett hilariously thinks the NFL keeps drug testing him because he’s not wearing sleeves.
- Ex-NBA player Delonte West was arrested after an alleged drunken incident with cops.
Video of the Day
Kyler really asked Myles about his QB graveyard 💀😅
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 20, 2021
Kyler Murray having a lighthearted discussion with Myles Garrett about his viral Halloween decorations — which featured a Murray tombstone — is incredible.
Food of the Day
A…feast indeed! 🤤 #FEASTAGRAM
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) October 20, 2021
I couldn’t settle for just one food item today, because everything on this plate would get devoured.