This week is flying by. Admittedly, today is a bit of a rough one after watching the New York Knicks season come to an end the way that it did, but the team exceeded expectations and still has a great future so at least it was not a completely lost cause. And congratulations to the Atlanta Hawks. While we are on the topic of the NBA Playoffs, LeBron and company will be returning to the court tonight as they look to avoid elimination. It would be the first time in LeBron’s career that he lost a first-round series, so things are going to be interesting. Let’s take a look at everything else going on in the sports world.
- Meet Kiersten from Penn State University.
- Phil Mickelson isn’t done celebrating his PGA Championship victory yet as evidenced by this video of the golf legend chugging wine out of the Wanamaker Trophy.
- Man punches Albuquerque mayoral candidate after taunting him with flying dildo.
- The Tony La Russa DUI arrest video has finally been released.
- Rihanna is back to posing in her lingerie and no one is complaining.
- It will be the end of an era for the Duke basketball program after the upcoming season with head coach Mike Krzyzewski set to retire.
- A Virginia Tech football player has been charged with murder in Blacksburg.
- Florida man claims ‘stand your ground’ defense for killing an iguana.
- WWE has made some shocking releases including former world champion Braun Strowman.
- Trae Young took a bow and waved goodbye to Knicks fans after Hawks eliminated New York.
Video of the Day
A dangerous hit from Mark Scheifele knocks Jake Evans unconscious pic.twitter.com/D6dOxFqxsJ
— The Hockey News (@TheHockeyNews) June 3, 2021
Montreal Canadiens forward Jake Evans was stretchered off of the ice after being knocked unconscious by a violent hit from Winnipeg Jets captain Mark Scheifele in the final seconds of Wednesday night’s game after scoring an open net goal.
Food of the Day
We may have just found the best hot chicken in Nashville 🍗 pic.twitter.com/f5IxqPNLJE
— Food Insider (@FoodInsider) June 3, 2021
Nashville Hot Chicken almost always delivers, but who gets to stake their claim to being the best out there?