Mike Tyson Says Evander Holyfield Trilogy Is On For May

New York, NY, USA - April 19, 2014: Professional Boxers Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield attend Tribeca Talks: After the Movie: 'Champs' during the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival at the SVA Theater

Shutterstock

The Mike Tyson – Evander Holyfield trilogy fight is on, according to Tyson.

During an Instagram Live session with Haute Living, the 54-year-old Tyson claimed that the trilogy fight with Holyfield is on and that it is set to take place on May 29.

The news comes less than 24 hours after Holyfield declared negotiations for the bout dead.

“I just want everybody to know the fight is on with me and Holyfield,” Tyson said. “Holyfield’s a humble man I know that and he’s a man of God but I’m God’s man. Listen, I’m going to be successful May 29.”

Tyson had previously said he was finalizing a deal for his next fight on May 29 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida.

Many speculated the Holyfield trilogy was the targeted bout, and it appears to have been the case.

Of course, Holyfield has yet to comment, so we will have to wait and see just how “official” the fight really is.

Tyson and Holyfield last fought in 1997 which was the infamous match where Tyson bit a chunk out of Holyfield’s ear. Tyson recently returned to boxing earlier this year against Roy Jones Jr., while Holyfield last fought in 2011, scoring a TKO win over Brian Nielsen.

Lamar Odom’s ‘Knocks Down’ Sparring Partner In Shockingly Embarrassing Video
Lamar Odom’s ‘Knocks Down’ Sparring Partner In Shockingly Embarrassing Video