Happy Wednesday, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully everyone is well-rested after the late-night classic between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers in the nightcap of the first night of the NBA Play-In Tournament. Ultimately, the Lakers came out on top, 108-102, in an overtime thriller. The Lakers now advance to the NBA Playoffs as the No. 7 seed. In the early game, the Atlanta Hawks rolled past the Miami Heat to punch their ticket to the NBA Playoffs First Round. Tonight, the action continues with another win-or-go-home doubleheader, so buckle up and get ready. On the ice, the NHL regular season is also winding down with teams punching their tickets to the postseason. We also have the Champions League, so there is plenty of action to tune into throughout the day. In the meantime, let’s check out some headlines from around the web that we may have missed.
- Meet Erin from North Carolina.
- Mel Kiper released his latest NFL Mock Draft, with four quarterbacks being selected in the first four picks.
- Here were the NBA Championship odds entering the start of the Play-In Tournament.
- The Cavinder Twins are done with college basketball and plan to pursue other business opportunities not restricted by NIL policies. But don’t worry, they will remain “influencers.”
- The Baltimore Orioles continue to have the best bench celebrations in all of baseball, with the dugout shenanigans still going strong.
- A heated Monopoly game went terribly wrong with two people being hospitalized with katana sword wounds after an argument.
- Former UFC middleweight champion Alex Pereira had an unexpected response to Israel Adesanya trolling his son.
- NYPD rolls out ‘snitchBOT’ to patrol city subways, monitor criminals.
Video of the Day
Everyone's throwing hot dogs. The "here come the pretzels" moment has come to life. pic.twitter.com/T5eLBGVnUF
— Sixto Lezcano (@mleif) April 12, 2023
The Phillies lost on Dollar Hot Dog Night and the end result was a massive, stadium-wide food fight.
Food of the Day
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) April 12, 2023
Salmon never looked so good.