Happy Wednesday, ladies and gentlemen. We are officially in the slow part of the sports calendar, but the good news is there is some new entertainment to check out thanks to the fine folks at Netflix. Whether it be the new Bill Burr special or a fascinating documentary on the legend of D.B. Cooper, there are some great ways to pass the time while we wait to make it to the weekend. Of course, there is always some MLB games on the calendar and the All-Star Game and Home Run Derby are right around the corner, but for now we’re left looking for anything we can get. In the meantime, let’s take a look around the web at some of the latest headlines.
- Meet Paloma from Cal Berkeley.
- NBA fans are going wild with Donovan Mitchell trade speculation after reports that the Utah Jazz are entertaining offers.
- Paige Spiranac makes her pick for The Open Championship.
- These are the top 10 characters from Friday Night Lights.
- NBA stiffens take foul penalty, keeps play-in tournament.
- Philadelphia Flyers will be donating $100k to a local charity after waiving forward and cancer survivor Oskar Lindblom.
- The final major tournament of the PGA season kicks off this week, so here are the tee times and pairings for Rounds 1 & 2 of The Open Championship.
- Here is a preview for The Open Championship, including odds, picks, and best bets.
- Check out everything coming to Netflix this week.
Video of the Day
The A's scored 8️⃣ runs in the top of the 12th!
Chad Pinder's grand slam put a bow on it all 💪
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 13, 2022
The Oakland Athletics used a monster 12th inning to get past the Texas Rangers, with a grand slam capping things off for good measure.
Food of the Day
Crisp the cheese, always. pic.twitter.com/OCnzUR4RS4
— Chef Andrew Gruel (@ChefGruel) June 28, 2022
You can never have too much cheese, and the burnt ends are the best.