Happy Wednesday, everyone, and happy 4/20 to those of you out there who celebrate. I don’t know about you, but this morning calls for some extra caffeine after an incredible NBA playoff game between the New Orleans Pelicans and Phoenix Suns that went into the wee hours of the morning. There was plenty of lead changes and more with the No. 8 seed stealing a win on the road. It’s officially the postseason, folks, and these teams have come to play. While we prepare for another full night of basketball, hockey, baseball, and even some MMA, let’s take a look at a few headlines you may have missed from around the web.
- Meet Alaina from UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar ripped the new HBO series about the Showtime Lakers and did not hold back his thoughts.
- Jerry West is also unhappy at the team’s portrayal on the series.
- Liverpool and Manchester United fans paid tribute to Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday after the soccer star missed the match due to the death of his newborn son.
- The Detroit Tigers somehow allowed two runs to the Yankees on a pop fly to the pitcher thanks to a massive miscommunication and error.
- Formula 1 superstar Charles Leclerc reportedly had his $320,000 Richard Mille watch stolen right from his wrist during a photo op with fans in Italy.
- If you’re looking for some mid-week MMA, PFL has you covered with the start of their 2022 regular season.
Video of the Day
💥 37 points for Brandon Ingram
💥 26 in second half
💥 11 rebounds, 9 assists
💥 Pelicans tie the series 1-1
— NBA (@NBA) April 20, 2022
Brandon Ingram went off for the Pelicans, scoring 37 points (26 in the second half), 11 rebounds, and 9 assists to help New Orleans steal a game over the No. 1 seed Phoenix Suns on the road to draw even in their Western Conference series.
Food of the Day
The things we'd do for this bucket of guac rn 🥑😩
📷: vallarta.supermarkets pic.twitter.com/7nEuVzyThF
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) April 19, 2022
There are few things more satisfying than an enormous amount of guac.