Cheers to Thursday, everyone. It’s officially Christmas Eve Eve — aka Festivus — so Christmas is dangerously close. If you haven’t finished your Christmas shopping yet, there’s nothing I can do to help you at this point, because there is no chance gifts will be shipping through the mail in less than 48 hours. The only option left is running to your gas station to pick up some last-minute gift cards, so good luck with that. On a positive note, the NFL kicks off Week 16 tonight with the San Francisco 49ers vs. Tennessee Titans tonight, while college football bowl season rolls on. And hey, who knows what NBA old head we will be seeing back on the court this time. While we wait to see how the action plays out and which ghost of the past makes an appearance on the court, let’s indulge in some headlines.
- Meet Alyssa from Vancouver.
- The 2022 Pro Bowl roster was announced.
- Kyler Murray gifted his offensive line $5,000 custom golf bags and clubs for Christmas.
- Joe Burrow made a hilarious comment about Cincinnati nightlife and why the Bengals have avoided a COVID outbreak.
- The UFC 269 commentator booth reactions from Julianna Peña’s stunning win over Amanda Nunes for the women’s bantamweight championship were incredible.
- Charlie Woods really is Tiger’s doppelganger.
- Georgia HS quarterback Robbie Roper dead at 18 from surgery complications.
- The Cleveland Browns could enter the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes this offseason, according to reports.
- NFL star Vincent Jackson died of chronic alcohol use, according to autopsy results.
- Rutgers could reportedly earn a bid to the Gator Bowl after Texas A&M pulled out of the game due to COVID concerns.
- Here is your NFL week 16 announcer schedule.
Video of the Day
Iso Joe doin' his thing 🙌 pic.twitter.com/NVgvruWR4G
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 23, 2021
People had a field day with news that Joe Johnson was returning to the NBA at 40 years old amid the COVID-19 outbreak. To make matters even better, Johnson rejoined the Boston Celtics for the first time in 20 years and even made a bucket. Iso Joe is back, baby — at least for the remainder of his 10-day contract!
Food of the Day
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) December 22, 2021
The food from Aunts et Uncles in Flatbush, Brooklyn looks so incredible I almost didn’t realize it was vegan.