Happy Monday, everyone. What a wild weekend it was. It all started on Saturday afternoon with unranked Texas A&M stunning top-ranked Alabama to bring a chaotic shakeup to the college football world. On Saturday night, we then got to see one of the greatest heavyweight boxing title fights ever when Tyson Fury scored a devastating knockout of Deontay Wilder. The action continued on Sunday with a full slate of NFL games that brought us some freak injuries, proved the Dallas Cowboys are for real, showed Ben Roethlisberger may not be completely washed, and the Buffalo Bills are going to be a major problem for everyone. So, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at some of the headlines you may have missed. Indulge.
- Meet Jackie from Miami.
- Here are your latest AP Top 25 college football rankings.
- Seth Small’s wife stormed the field after he sealed Texas A&M’s win over Alabama.
- Paul Finebaum shared his thoughts on Alabama’s stunning loss to Texas A&M.
- Urban Meyer is (once again) getting ripped by fans for a lame excuse he made regarding a decision on a key play on Sunday.
- Tommy Fury has agreed to fight Jake Paul.
- MLB announcer Jim Kaat apologized for making a slavery reference during an ALDS game between the Astros and White Sox on Friday.
- Hunter Renfroe saved a run for the Red Sox by accidentally hip-checking the ball over the fence.
- ESPN College GameDay is heading back to Athens, Georgia to showcase the No. 1 Bulldogs vs. No. 11 Kentucky Wildcats in Week 7.
- Fauci says COVID-19 deaths will soon start to go down.
Video of the Day
RED SOX WALK-OFF HR IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 13TH ‼️
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 11, 2021
There is nothing like October baseball, and we were reminded of that on Sunday night with this beautiful walk-off home run for the Boston Red Sox in the bottom of the 13th inning.
Food of the Day
This is allegedly pizza pic.twitter.com/fLTBuEuRlh
— QENNY QRUEGER (@AKBrews) October 10, 2021
This is the most offensive “pizza” I have ever laid eyes on. It is apparently from some pizza joint in Altoona, Pennsylvania, and I will never be able to get over the disgust I felt when I saw it, so I have to share my pain. I am sorry.