Conor McGregor Undergoes 3.5-Hour Surgery On Broken Leg, Gives Update

DUBLIN, IRELAND - NOVEMBER 2017: UFC and MMA fighter, Conor "The Notorious" McGregor at the Irish premiere of the documentary about his rise within the ranks of MMA fighting.

Shutterstock

Conor McGregor underwent successful surgery on Sunday.

Following his gruesome leg injury in the main event of UFC 264 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, the former two-division champ went under the knife for three-and-a-half hours.

According to TMZ Sports, McGregor had an intramedullary rod inserted in the tibia, with a plate and screws to attach his fibula.

McGregor is expected to remain in the hospital until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shortly after the surgery, McGregor took to social media to provide an update for his fans.

“Just out of the surgery room guys!” McGregor wrote on Twitter. “Surgery went excellent! Feeling tremendous! 6 weeks on crutch and we build back! Let’s go! God bless.” He also shared a video update.

Conor McGregor’s manager, Audie Attar of Paradigm Sports, also provided an update.

“Both doctors are confident that with time [Conor] will make a full recovery,” a statement read. “We anticipate his return to the Octagon.”

The surgery was conducted by Dr. Neal El Atrache, head of Sports Trauma, and trauma orthopedic surgeon Milton Little at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, the same hospital that performed surgery on Tiger Woods after he shattered his legs in a scary accident earlier this year.

We continue to wish Conor a full and speedy recovery.

Conor McGregor Makes Death Threats; Says Dustin Poirier & Wife Will Be Killed In Their Sleep (VIDEO)
Conor McGregor Makes Death Threats; Says Dustin Poirier & Wife Will Be Killed In Their Sleep (VIDEO)
  • 12847423802543462