The 2020 Heisman Trophy went to Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith, who became the first wide receiver to win the Heisman Trophy since Desmond Howard in 1991, and the first non-QB to earn the honor since Derrick Henry in 2015.
But while Smith’s win is still fresh, the oddsmakers are taking an early look ahead at the favorites to claim the award next season.
As expected, the list is top-heavy with quarterbacks.
In fact, the top 10 preseason favorites the 2021 Heisman Trophy are all quarterbacks including: Spencer Rattler (Oklahoma) 7/1; D.J. Uiagalelei (Clemson): 9/1; and JT Daniels (Georgia): 11/1.
Who are the favorites to bring home the most prestigious award in college football?
A full look at the 2021 Heisman Trophy favorites can be seen below, via SportsBettingDime.com.
1. Spencer Rattler (QB, Oklahoma): 7/1
2. D.J. Uiagalelei (QB, Clemson): 9/1
3. JT Daniels (QB, Georgia): 11/1
4. Bryce Young (QB, Alabama): 13/1
5. Jayden Daniels (QB, Arizona State): 14/1
6. Kedon Slovis (QB, USC): 14/1
7. Sam Howell (QB, UNC): 14/1
8. D’Eric King (QB, Miami) 15/1
9. A Non-QB: 15/1
10. Michael Penix Jr (QB, Indiana): 19/1
11. Graham Mertz (QB, Wisconsin): 20/1
12. Breece Hall (RB, Iowa State): 25/1
13. Dillon Gabriel (QB, UCF): 40/1
14. Brock Purdy (QB, Iowa State): 60/1
15. Jack Coan (QB, Notre Dame): 75/1
16. Bo Nix (QB, Auburn): 75/1
17. Sean Clifford (QB, Penn State): 90/1
18. Kyren Williams (RB, Notre Dame): 100/1
19. George Pickens (WR, Georgia): 125/1
20. Any Defensive Player: 150/1