I’m told Enzo Amore being tackled by security tonight at the Survivor Series isn’t a bit and the disgraced former WWE character being dragged off by security after standing on a chair during a match was the real deal. Amore was released by WWE after a sexual assault allegation earlier this year.
From the Baltimore Sun in January:
A woman said Monday on Twitter that she had been raped by Enzo Amore in October in Phoenix. While describing the incident, she also said she had filed a report with the Phoenix police department, which has been confirmed by ProWrestlingSheet.com.
In response, WWE released this statement:
“WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”
On Tuesday, the WWE said it had come to terms on his release. It is possible the reason for the quick firing (as opposed to other cases of sexual assault in the past) is that Amore did not tell WWE about the investigation, which has been going on for several months. Despite there being no official findings yet, this could fall under the company’s morality clause, giving the organization grounds to fire him.
— LEE SHENKER (@TuftsGuy) November 19, 2018
— First Lady Of PWG (@carrie_palacios) November 19, 2018