Florida Men John Silva and Derrick Irving pulled off one of the crazier Florida Man(s) burglaries (allegedly) that I’ve heard of in a long time. I’ll go bullet points after we hear a little bit from the local news hounds.
Let’s get some of the details from ClickOrlando.com:
Two men are accused of breaking into the home of a man they both dated, stealing several items, then leaving spaghetti sauce boiling on the stove with a washcloth placed near the burner in an attempt to start a fire, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies went to the residence and saw a red Lincoln Navigator attempting to leave the area. A stop was conducted and the driver, 28-year-old John Silva, and passenger, Derrick Irving, told the deputy that they had just picked up some clothes from the victim’s home, according to the affidavit.
The victim told News 6 that Irving was wearing a bull costume.
The deputy said she could see a marijuana grinder in the center console and a vacuum, window A/C unit, flat-screen television and heater in the back seat. An empty jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce was also on the passenger’s seat, the report said.
I know you guys don’t want to read much so let’s hit the highlights:
• Two two guys above are accused of breaking into their gay lover’s trailer (Kentucky curtain!) in DeLand, Florida
• Derrick wore a bull onesie costume
• They had a vacuum, window A/C unit, flat-screen television and heater in a Lincoln Navigator that Silva was driving
• And an empty jar of Ragu in the passenger’s seat
• They allegedly tried to burn down the trailer with a flaming pot of spaghetti sauce that was left on the stove