Right off the bat I’m going to tell you this is a bargain. You might be thinking, hey Dan, how is $14 million dollars a bargain? Well, I’ll tell you. First, you’re buying the greatest of all time’s house, so you should be expecting it to be way more than it’s listed for. Second, he put this house up for auction in 2012 for $29 million and it didn’t sell. So he cut the price in half. Bargain city.
From the LA Times:
Offered for as much as $29 million in 2012, the 56,000-square-foot home was put up for auction in 2013, but failed to attract an agreeable bid and was most recently priced at $16 million. The new list price represents not only a more competitive market number, but also a nod to Jordan’s legacy.
“The price reflects a number that is more significant,” said Nartey, the director of the sports and entertainment division for the Beverly Hills-based brokerage. “If you take a look at those numbers in the price and add them up, they equal 23.”
Living in the house the that MJ shacked up at during his run of 6 championships is probably worth $10 million on its own. Just a pay a few million more and it’s yours. I’ve hated on some houses lately, but I’ll be honest, I’ve been spoiled with these last 2.
The house is insane — which is expected from the greatest. It doesn’t even need an explanation, just take a look.
Other Features From MJ’s Mansion
- A range of sports facilities including an indoor tennis court, a putting green, a pond, and An indoor basketball court customized by Jordan himself is outfitted with a regulation-sized court, motorized backboards and the “Jumpman” logo at center court
- Large-scale formal areas and a movie theater
- A lounge/retreat complete with a cigar room, a poker room and a wet bar
- In between the main house and a guest wing is an entertainer’s pavilion set beneath a row of skylights
- Climate-controlled garage with parking for up to 15 vehicles.
- Athlete clientele includes Kevin Durant, Nick Young and LaDainian Tomlinson
- 4 miles from Whole Foods
- 2.6 miles from the nearest golf club
- 9.6 miles from Neumann’s Cigars & More