Gambling in Canada is a legal form of entertainment. Each province decides which authority will control the sphere of gambling and regulation within its territory.
It is worth mentioning right away that in Canada, casinos and lotteries are a very common form of entertainment.
This has been influenced by the fact that there have been many land-based casinos in Canada since the 20th century. About $2.6 billion went to the treasury in 2021 from online casinos.
All these facts indicate that both citizens and the government are interested in the development of the sector.
The Canadian government assists people who are in need. For example, there are programmes for people who are addicted to gambling. They are supported psychologically and, if necessary, can be provided with treatment. Examples of such organizations include The Problem Gambling Institute of Ontario (PGIO) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
The casinozeus.net website provides comprehensive information on the gambling industry in Canada. Oleksiy Ivanov, an expert with 15 years of experience in the gambling industry, controls and checks all the information. For instance, on the site, you can easily find both tips for players and the legal aspects related to each issue. All information is carefully structured for the best understanding of any person, regardless of their experience, age, or income.
List of Canadian Internet Casinos in 2022-2023
The main task is to make the right choice. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced online casino player, it is always important to find the best place to play. The site you choose should not only be graphically well-made but also offer a variety of games alongside a well-thought-out bonus system. If you are looking for which casino to choose to play Canada online casino, take a look at the below:
|Good bonuses for newcomers||Evospin |
|200% deposit up to 120 CAD||Kaiser Slots |
|Proven by time||Jackpotcity |
The casinos from the list are the official representatives of this service sector. All their activities are fully regulated by the authorities.
Licensing of Top Canada Real Money Casinos
For over ten years, the Kahnawake Gambling Commission has licensed and regulated various online gaming sites. It was one of the first jurisdictions to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the interactive games industry. Below you may inform yourself about the licencing options provided by the Kahnawake Gambling Commission.
- Interactive Game Licence (IGL): This is only granted to one host company per territory. Only one licence can be granted, and they are only issued at a given time. Mohawk Internet Technologies has a licence.
- Customer Provider Authorization (CPA): This licence is granted to entities that wish to offer gambling over the Internet, such as casinos, poker rooms and/or bookmakers. They must be based on a hosting structure with an IGL licence. The holder of this licence is referred to as the authorized customer provider.
- Secondary Provider Authorization for Customers (Secondary CPA): This licence is very similar to the CPA; however, it applies to companies that wish to offer interactive gambling services from a local host but whose main place of business is in another jurisdiction recognized by the Commission. They must comply with all requirements of the Commission, except for displaying the Kahnawake Gaming Commission logo.
- Key Person Licence (KPL): A licence is granted to a person who performs administrative functions on behalf of a company that holds a CPA licence. Information contained in KPL is confidential.
In order for the casino to be included in top Canadian casinos, obtaining a licence is an essential and paramount task. As a casino owner, abide by these steps:
- Apply using the form
- Pass quality control and inspection
- Provide information about the owners and founders
- Submit information about the service / activity provided
- Confirm Third-Party Certification
As mentioned earlier, the provincial regulatory authorities still need to be examined. Organs and documents differ from province to province. The best advice is to go to the official website of the provincial government where you intend to run and set up a company.