The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to pay-per-view on Super Bowl weekend for UFC 271 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
In the main event, heated rivals go head-to-head when Israel Adesanya puts his middleweight championship on the line against former titleholder Robert Whittaker. In the co-main event, a thrilling heavyweight bout between sluggers Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa promises to entertain the crowd.
Ahead of this weekend’s event, all of the fighters had to step onto the scale for the official weigh-ins.
Wasting no time, Adesanya and Whittaker were among the first to the scale and both checked in under the 185-pound weight limit at 184. Later in the morning, William Knight solidified his place in UFC history with one of the worst misses of all time, coming in 12 pounds over the light heavyweight limit of 205 pounds.
Another preliminary bout between Alex Perez and Matt Schnell has been scrapped after Schnell reportedly declined the fight when Perez missed weight by two pounds. It’s the fourth time a fight between the two men has been canceled.
Did your favorite fighter hit their mark?
A full look at the UFC 271 weigh-in results can be seen below.
UFC 271 Weigh-in Results
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Champ Israel Adesanya (184) vs. Robert Whittaker (184) – for middleweight title
- Derrick Lewis (266) vs. Tai Tuivasa (265)
- Derek Brunson (185.5) vs. Jared Cannonier (185)
- Kyler Phillips (136) vs. Marcelo Rojo (136)
- Bobby Green (155.5) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Andrei Arlovski (246) vs. Jared Vanderaa (265)
- Roxanne Modafferi (126) vs. Casey O’Neill (125.5)
Alex Perez (128)* vs. Matt Schnell (126)
- Maxim Grishin (206) vs. William Knight (218)**
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6:00 p.m. ET)
- Ronnie Lawrence (136) vs. Mana Martinez (136)
- Alexander Hernandez (156) vs. Renato Moicano (156)
- Fabio Cherant (206) vs. Carlos Ulberg (204)
- AJ Dobson (185) vs. Jacob Malkoun (186)
- Douglas Silva de Andrade (136) vs. Sergey Morozov (135)
- Blood Diamond (170) vs. Jeremiah Wells (170.5)
* Perez missed weight limit by 2 pounds; fight canceled after Schnell refused to accept fight following Perez’s weight miss.
** Knight missed weight limit by 12 pounds; fined 40 percent of his purse and fight moved to heavyweight.