Bellator MMA returned on Saturday afternoon with Bellator 269 at VTB Arena in Moscow, Russia.
In the main event of the night, mixed martial arts icon Fedor Emelianenko, who many consider the greatest heavyweight of all time, returned to the Bellator cage for a showdown against Timothy Johnson. In typical Fedor fashion, the Russian had the crowd on its feet with an incredible three-punch combination to flatten Johnson in the first round with a walk-off knockout.
Let's see that in slow-mo! 🤜💥
— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) October 23, 2021
“I feel very great. I feel good. Two years passed. I’m happy that everything worked out the way we were thinking,” Fedor said after the fight. “I’m very happy for the fact that we made the audience happy and we delivered such great joy to our fans. To those who follow our career and Bellator events. It’s much easier for me to perform in America. I don’t have such huge attention, or maybe I do get the attention, but all the events are strictly planned. Here at home all our camp and our preparation for the fight took place under the supervision of media, journalists, and so forth and so on.
“It’s difficult to say, I think this is one of the most important wins of my career taking into consideration the location, the country (Russia), the age. Taking into consideration the force of Tim Johnson, who is a strong opponent. Thank god I’m still in sports and I’m not losing my speed.”
Other bouts on the main card included Vitaly Minakov vs. Said Sowma, Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Patrik Pietila, and Anatoly Tokov vs. Sharaf Davlatmurodov.
If you missed out on Saturday night’s action, we have you covered.
A cull look at the Bellator 269 results can be seen below.
Bellator 269 Weigh-in Results
- Fedor Emelianenko def. Tim Johnson via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:46
- Said Sowma def. Vitaly Minakov via TKO (doctor stoppage) Round 3, 3:08
- Usman Nurmagomedov def. Patrik Pietila via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:06
- Anatoly Tokov def. Sharaf Davlatmurodov via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kirill Sidelnikov def. Rab Truesdale via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:01
- Katarzyna Sadura def. Darina Mazdyuk via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:17
- Irina Alekseeva def. Stephanie Page via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nikita Mikhailov def. Brian Moore via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alexey Shurkevich def. Grachik Bozinyan via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:25
- Aiden Lee def. Alexander Osetrov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:41