The Professional Fighters League continued its 2021 season on Thursday night with PFL Week 2 live on ESPN.
The event featured the highly-anticipated promotional debut of welterweight superstar Rory MacDonald, who made easy work out of Curtis Millender to earn a submission victory at 3:38 in the very first round.
“PFL 2 carried the momentum from our season debut, and I couldn’t be prouder of our Welterweights and Light Heavyweights for putting on a world-class show for our viewers worldwide,” said Ray Sefo, President of Fighter Operations of the PFL, in a statement after the fights.
“Our fighters have come into the cage extremely prepared and poised, and the can’t-miss action illustrates how passionate these fighters are to taking the next step in the 1 million-dollar chase. I am eager to see the season continue to unfold next week.”
In the co-main event, former PFL welterweight champion Ray Cooper III also had a short night thanks to a first-round submission win of his own in under 90 seconds.
Did your favorite fighter earn a win on the night?
A full look at the PFL Week 2 results can be seen below.
- Rory MacDonald def. Curtis Millender by Submission (rear naked choke) at 3:38 of Round 1
- Ray Cooper III def. Jason Ponet by Submission (Arm-triangle choke) at 1:23 of Round 1
- João Zeferino def. Gleison Tibau by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Emiliano Sordi def. Chris Camozzi by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-27)
- Antonio Carlos Junior def. Tom Lawlor by Submission (guillotine choke) at 4:43 of Round 1
- Cezar Ferreira def. Nick Roehrick by KO (punches) at 0:37 of Round 1
- Sadibou Sy vs. Nikolay Aleksakhin ends in a No Contest (accidental eye poke) at 1:56 of Round 2
- Marthin Hamlet def. Dan Spohn by Submission (arm-triangle choke) at 0:52 of Round 2