Bellator MMA returned to action on Friday night with Bellator 256 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut as the Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix officially got underway.
In the main event, heavyweight champion Ryan Bader returned to light heavyweight to face off against Lyoto Machida.
The two men faced each other years ago under the UFC banner, with Machida scoring a knockout victory. This time around, however, Bader got the better of his opponent with a dominant performance en route to a unanimous decision win.
Other big winners on the main card were Liz Carmouche, Adam Borics, Cat Zingano, and Dan Moret.
Did you miss out on Friday night’s action?
We have you covered.
The complete results for Bellator 256 can be seen below.
Bellator 256 Results
- Ryan Bader def. Lyoto Machida via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-45, 49-45) – advances to light heavyweight grand prix semifinal
- Liz Carmouche def. Vanessa Porto via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Adam Borics def. Jeremy Kennedy via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Cat Zingano def. Olivia Parker via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:56
- Dan Moret def. Goiti Yamauchi via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dalton Rosta def. Tony Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Talita Nogueira def. Jessica Borga via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Jornel Lugo def. Cass Bell via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Cody Law def. Nathan Ghareeb via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jaylon Bates def. Jeffrey Glossner via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1:27
- Nainoa Dung def. Izzy William via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Diana Avsaragova def. Tara Graff via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:29
- John Douma def. Will Smith via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)