Oscar De La Hoya Announces Comeback; Will Headline July Triller PPV

Oscar De la Hoya attends HBO's "What's My Name: Muhammad Ali" Documentary Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals at Regal Cinemas LA LIVE 14, Los Angeles, CA on May 8, 2019

Shutterstock

Oscar De La Hoya is making his return to boxing.

The 48-year-old former champion made an appearance at Friday’s press conference for the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren pay-per-view when he revealed his comeback was official for this summer.

“Golden Boy” will be competing under the Triller Fight Club banner on Fourth of July weekend, Saturday, July 3.

“July 3, I’m making my comeback,” De La Hoya said before dropping the mic and walking off of the stage.

De La Hoya (39-6) has not fought professionally since he lost to Manny Pacquiao in December 2008.

As for a potential opponent, no names have been announced at this time.

De La Hoya had previously hinted at a comeback last year when he told ESPN he missed being in the ring and was returning to sparring. Now, he’s following in the footsteps of boxing greats Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. by returning to the ring for Triller, which is co-owned by Snoop Dogg.

Here’s How To Watch The First Jake Paul-Ben Askren Press Conference & Staredowns
Here’s How To Watch The First Jake Paul-Ben Askren Press Conference & Staredowns
Read More:
Boxingboxing,News
  • 12847423802543462