The Primetime Emmy Awards officially have a date for 2021.
On Tuesday, March 2, the Television Academy announced that this year’s Emmys will air live on Sunday, September 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
The awards ceremony, which will be the 73rd annual Emmy Awards, will be streamed live on the new streaming service Paramount Plus. It will also be available to stream on demand.
As for who will host the awards ceremony or where it will take place, an official announcement has not been made.
The Television Academy also released its Awards Calendar with key dates which can be seen below.
- March 31: Deadline to apply for membership to guarantee voting eligibility for both rounds of the 73rd Emmy competition and for members to secure member entry fee discount. This date also applies to former members. Application must be completed and paid in order to qualify.
- April 6: Deadline for current voting members to apply for hyphenate voting status and for Associate members to apply to upgrade to Active voting membership.
- May 13, 6:00 PM: Entry deadline for ALL entries that were originally presented 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM, June 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021 (including hanging episodes)
- May 13, 6:00 PM: Upload deadline for all entry materials
- June 17: Nominations-round voting begins
- June 28, 10:00 PM: Nominations-round voting ends
- Tuesday, July 13: Nominations announced
- July 27: Deadline for errors and omissions to the nominations
- August 13: Final-round videos available for viewing
- August 19: Final-round voting begins
- August 30, 10:00 PM: Final-round voting ends
- TBD: Creative Arts Emmy Awards and Ball
- TBD: CBS Telecast and Governors Ball
All dates are subject to change.