VCU Freshman Dies At 19 After Frat Party ‘Hazing That Went Too Far’

Moscow, Russia - 1 June 2020: Virginia Commonwealth University website with logo, Illustrative Editorial.

Shutterstock

Adam Oakes, a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University, was found dead at 19.

According to the Daily Mail, Oakes was drinking at the Delta Chi fraternity house when he drank a bottle of Jack Daniels in what his family described as a “hazing that went too far.”

Oakes reportedly drank a handle of Jack Daniels before falling and hitting his head.

Delta Chi had previously been suspended by VCU from August 2018 to August 2019 for failing to comply with university requirements.

“We are heartbroken at the tragic loss of one of our own. I offer my heartfelt sympathies to Adam’s loved ones and closest friends. @VCU will continue to work closely with local law enforcement as the investigation develops,” VCU President Michael Rao wrote on Twitter.

Oakes was discovered face down on a couch and “half his face was purple.” Oakes had just recently learned that his bid to join the fraternity was successful and he was expected to be paired up with an “older brother” on Friday night.

Police have yet to confirm a cause of death and are awaiting results from an autopsy.

Our deepest condolences go out to Oakes’ family and friends during this incredibly difficult and tragic time.

Golden Globes Winners 2021: Complete List
Golden Globes Winners 2021: Complete List
Read More:
Newsalcohol,News
  • 12847423802543462