Khabib Nurmagomedov dominated Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 on YAS Island in Abu Dhabi last month, but it wasn’t all smooth sailing. Prior to his second-round technical submission win, Nurmagomedov had to go through a difficult weight cut.
Recently, Khabib’s camp shared the latest episode of their v-log from fight week which shows just how grueling the weight cut was.
Nurmagomedov needed a towel when he stepped onto the scale and the look at his process shows how difficult it was for the lightweight champion to even make it to the scale.
You can check out a behind-the-scenes look at Nurmagomedov’s weight cut below.
If you missed out on UFC 254, we have you covered.
A full look at the results from November’s pay-per-view can be seen below.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Justin Gaethje via technical submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 1:34 – to defend lightweight title
- Robert Whittaker def. Jared Cannonier via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alexander Volkov def. Walt Harris via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:15
- Phil Hawes def. Jacob Malkoun via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:18
- Lauren Murphy def. Liliya Shakirova via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:31
- Magomed Ankalaev def. Ion Cutelaba via knockout (puches) – Round 1, 4:19
- Tai Tuivasa def. Stefan Struve via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 4:59
- Casey Kenney def. Nathaniel Wood via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Shavkat Rakhmonov def. Alex Oliveira via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 4:40
- Sam Alvey vs. Da Un Jung declared split draw (29-28, 28-29, 28-28)
- Miranda Maverick def. Liana Jojua via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 1, 5:00
- Joel Alvarez def. Alexander Yakovlev via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:00