Are you at work complaining because you can’t watch the early round coverage of The Masters? Get on your phone, download the Masters app and relax. Honestly, I can’t believe you don’t already have the app, but some of you are behind the times.
The rest of us are multitasking this morning. We’re watching on the app, busting out the work that pays the bills and hoping to hear some Masters piano music to give us chills.
For those of you who’ve been using the app the last few years, our friends @ sent word that there’s plenty of new toys to keep you busy while at work.
What’s New for 2016
- Wearables: The Masters and IBM are bringing the Masters experience to wearables. There will be an Apple iWatch and Android Wear app featuring a tournament leader board, player details and other real-time tournament data.
- Available for the first time on the iPhone and other mobile devices.
- An enhanced version of Track for iPad and desktop systems, including picture-in-picture to watch live and player comparison features.
- Track delivers a new level of engagement and insights to fans of the Masters by delivering a vibrant, real-time view of every shot for every player on each hole of the course.
- Personalized experience: Fans can use a new “universal favoriting” feature available on wearable, mobile and desktop platforms that enables fans to personalize their digital Masters experience and spotlight players tagged as the favorite(s) they want to follow during the tournament.
- 4K Video: The Masters will be the first in sports to deliver a publicly available 4K video broadcast – bringing the beauty and grandeur of Augusta to new heights.
- Enhanced Video Coverage on Masters.com: Featured groups available for online viewing at approximately 9:30 AM EDT and coverage from the first tee shot to the final putt each day.
Don’t forget to follow along at @.