Just when you were starting to forget all about Brittney Griner and her basketball career, here she comes again. Brit went out this weekend and got on a knee to be the dude and ask her girlfriend to marry her. The lucky lady happens to be Glory B. Johnson, a fellow WNBA player. Let that sink in for a minute.
A WNBA PLAYER IS MARRYING A WNBA PLAYER! PAGEVIEWS! TV RATINGS! OPRAH SPECIAL! CNN COVERAGE! MSNBC COVERAGE! FOX NEWS OUTRAGE! IT’S COMING.
So let me break this one down for you:
• Brittney Griner plays for the Phoenix Mercury
• Glory B. Johnson plays for the Tulsa Shock
• Phoenix is the #1 seed in the Western Conference playoffs
• Tulsa finished last in the Western Conference
• A WNBA PLAYER IS MARRYING A WNBA PLAYER! HOLY HELL!
The last time Griner and her future wife squared off in a game was June 29. Griner dropped 21 on 7-13 shooting; Johnson had 16 on 5-15 shooting. Phoenix won the game 80-77. Griner and Johnson were dating at the time.
[Brittney Griner – IG]