I told you guys earlier today that there was a Bama fan camped outside Bryant-Denny for Sunday’s Alabama Fan Day, also known as the Running of the Gumps. Thanks to the help of BC reader @ we now know that “First In Line” guy is 32-year old Bobby Hunter. He started camping out at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning to be the first one through the gates for Sunday’s festivities that start at 1:30. That’s 103 hours that Bobby will be waiting.
He’s using vacation time.
Our reporter tells me that Pat will sleep in that chair all four nights in order to hold his spot. The weather report is calling for rain the next two nights with muggy summer conditions and highs of 88 on Friday and 90 on Saturday.
Pat also reported back to me that a local TV station pulled up at the same time he was going to chat with First In Line Guy. It seems that FILG is about to get his TV fame. Because local TV guy didn’t want us snagging his interview, he wouldn’t let Pat record video of the interview. Being the bulldog that he is, Pat started recording audio.
Bobby shared the following:
• Nick Saban autographed his son’s onesie when he was 5-weeks old
• Bobby’s son created a new no autographed babies rule
• Already has seven Saban autographs
• He has five kids
• Thinks Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson hate Alabama (Part Two of audio)
• Thinks McCarron was too busy planning his wedding with Katherine Webb, which cost Bama the Iron Bowl (Part Three of audio)
• Says he’ll sleep in the chair this week (Part Three)