What happens when an NFL star’s team (or former team) doesn’t make the Super Bowl – or even the playoffs? He takes a lovely lady to the NFL Honors award show prior to the game.
Saturday’s event at Radio City Music Hall in New York City brought out a universe full of football stars, including:
• Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill and wife, Lauren
• Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith and wife, Elizabeth
• Giants quarterback Eli Manning and wife, Abby
• Lions’ running back Reggie Bush and girlfriend, Lilit Avagyan
• Jets coach Rex Ryan and wife, Michelle
• Former 49ers legend Joe Montana and daughter, Alexandra
• Former Bills legend Jim Kelly and daughter, Erin
• Former 49ers legend Jerry Rice and girlfriend Latisha Pelayo
A nice red carpet gala isn’t a bad consolation prize, but the current players would give everything to have been playing on Sunday instead of partying on Saturday night.
[Special thanks to BC Reader 1RealJWill who sent the heads up on this]