It’s like Christmas morning for Brent Musburger. The Oregon Ducks have selected the cheerleaders who’ll represent the school on the sidelines this fall via a multi-day tryout process that made news on BC this week due to a $5 entrance fee for spectators.
There’s no need to post names of the ladies who made the squad since you dbags will start asking them out on Twitter and Instagram.
What we can tell you about the ladies is that the rookies just hit the Nike garment lottery and will get several nice perks.
- Cheering for the Ducks at Autzen Stadium, Mattew Knight Arena.
- Nike apparel, including game uniforms, warm-ups, sweats, shirts, shoes, shorts,
- Access to academic advisor and John Jaqua Services for Student Athletes center with tutors and computers provided free of charge
- Trainers and doctors
- Two tickets for family members per game based on available tickets (Veterans all games, rookies 3 games a year)
- Scholarship awards based on coach’s selection (Maximum Scholarship=$1,100 per term-Fall & Winter Only)
- All travel paid, including daily per diem (Travel Squad based on Coaches selection).
The ladies will also get a nice day trip to the lake retreat the team takes each summer. Add in attention from Musburger, SI, Maxim, Playboy, etc. and it’s totally worth not getting paid a dime working your tail off as a college cheerleader.
Do it for the love of the sport, ladies.
Your 2013-14 stunters: