Do we really want our NFL cheerleaders to have brains? To know one country that borders Iraq?
The Dallas Cowboys cheerleading team will hold its annual tryouts starting today in the Metroplex and there is quite a process to select women who’ll be the first to shake it at new Cowboys Stadium.
Yes, you can still be in high school and tryout as long as you are 18 today.
Weight? If you don’t like looking at yourself in the mirror find something else to do this afternoon.
While looks will play a huge roll in selecting a team, being smart about football and current events will also factor into the equation, reports the Dallas Morning News.
In fact, there is a trivia challenge to find out “Are You Smart Enough To Be A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.”
Sample questions that prospective candidates will face:
A sample of the questions â€“ including current-events queries â€“ that could be posed to potential Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (answers at very bottom):
1. Where will the Cowboys play their final home game this season?
2. Where will the Cowboys hold their 2009 summer training camp?
3. Name the Cowboys legend who served as head coach for the team’s first 29 years.
4. What year was the Cowboys’ first season in the NFL?
5. How many stars are on the Cowboys Cheerleaders’ uniform?
6. Who is commissioner of the National Football League?
7. How many yards are in an NFL end zone?
8. Name one country that borders Iraq.
1. Cowboys Stadium2. San Antonio
3. Tom Landry
4. (A) 1960
6. Roger Goodell
7. (A) 10
8. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Turkey and Iran