Doug went out for a few and returned home with a DUIÂ
â€œCuff â€˜Emâ€ is a daily look at whoâ€™s in trouble with the law. Itâ€™s our hope to limit this to 5 sports-related morons, but it can be modified at our discretion or if there is a sudden outbreak of superior stupidity.
- College football players are back on campus so it’s time for us to keep an eye on the RSS feed. Today we start in Columbus where Buckeyes defensive tackle Doug Worthington finds himself in some trouble over getting boozy and driving. 41 in a 25 matters very little when you are drunk.
- At New Mexico State a football coach has been threatened with arrest for his obstruction of a police investigating into an altercation between a player and his girlfriend. The coach said “I’m not going to give you s***,” and later made fun of the victim as she was being treated by paramedics for a laceration above her eye, according to the Las Cruces Sun-News.
- Trouble has even been found at usually sleepy Vandy where students very rarely have time to get arrested. That wasn’t the case for this running back who was told to leave a club and failed to go quietly.
- In case you missed it, UVA has a situation with two football players and larceny.
- Speaking of DUIs, lets head to Oregon where Ducks junior linebacker Kevin Garrett went from the top of the depth chart to an indefinite suspension for his weekend activities. It also hurts Garrett that he isn’t even legal to drink.