Darren Oliver is a perfect example of why you should teach your kid to throw left-handed: $$$.
Oliver never won more than 14 games in a season, but the lefty made nearly $50 million in his 20-year MLB career. He only started 11 games from 2004 to 2013, before retiring last September as a Toronto Blue Jay.
In 2007, Oliver decided to spend some of his cash on a sweet, customized Land Rover Range Rover from New Image Motorsports in Dallas. The southpaw must have traded the ride in at some point, because it’s now available on eBay for just $35,000.
According to the seller, the white Land Rover has just 67,000 miles on it and more than “$130,000 invested in it,” including:
• Supercharged, 4.2 liter V8
• 22″ three-piece, chrome-plated modular aluminum wheels
• AC/heated seats, rear entertainment video package with headrest monitors
• Back-up camera, park sensors, touchscreen navigation
• Custom hand-fabricated stainless steel chrome plated grill, side vents and hood cowl
• Stainless steel, hand-fabricated exhaust system with quad exhaust tips
After the winter we just endured, you deserve a new whip. You’ll have to pay shipping costs, but this sure seems like a great deal.