Dwight Howard Dumping Florida Mansion – $4.9 Million [PHOTOS]
Dwight Howard has been his usual disappointing self since choosing Houston — and a four-year, $88 million contract — last July. The center’s 18.8 points and 12.4 rebounds per game averages this season have been about at the same levels as they were in 2012-13, when he led the Lakers to a first-round playoff exit.
This year? The Rockets are currently fifth in the Western Conference, which means they won’t even have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
Meanwhile, Howard is finally cutting his last ties with his former NBA home in Orlando. He’s dumping his Longwood, Florida mansion for $4.9 million which is almost $3 million less than he paid for the palatial home in 2008.
What will nearly $5 million buy you? Three acres of land and some primo waterfront far enough away from the bustle of Orlando to be private. After all, when you are disappointing your fan base, the last thing you want to be is accessible.
Highlights of Dwight Howard’s Longwood, Fla. Mansion:
• 5 bedrooms, 5 baths and 2 half-baths
• “Man cave” with a bar, pool table and three televisions
• Wine room, home theater, game room, exercise room
• Pool, lazy river, waterfall, fire pit and outdoor kitchen
• 14 miles to Dancers Royale gentlemen’s club
• 11 miles from Whole Foods
• 4.4 miles to Bath & Body Works (in case you plan on taking a bath, too)