The Yankees held a press conference Friday morning to introduce their biggest acquisition of the off-season: former Red Sox Nation hero Jacoby Ellsbury, who agreed to a reported $153 million, seven-year contract with the Bronx Bombers earlier this month.
The kicker in the deal: Ellsbury’s lovely wife, Kelsey. This is why Yanks’ GM Brian Cashman has presided over the most successful era in the Bronx since the 1950s. (The roses are a nice touch, Cash.)
Mrs. Ellsbury is a welcome addition to the Yankees’ wives, a group that — like the team — probably had to get younger to get better in the eyes of the fans.
Kelsey Ellsbury Fast Facts
• Formerly Kelsey Hawkins
• Went To Oregon State (like Jacoby)
• Married in 2012; together since 2006
• Was very active with Red Sox charity functions
• Her dad is president of the Pendleton Rodeo & Round-Up in Oregon
• She likes Kenny Chesney, Justin Timberlake and spiked cider
Will New York change this wholesome young WAG? Time will tell.