We miss Pete Rose. It’s a crime that Major League Baseball’s undisputed hit king isn’t providing commentary on the post-season. Why some network hasn’t asked Rose to discuss the ALCS, NLCS and World Series is beyond us. He’d be a Barkley-like breath of fresh air.
Rose probably won’t be watching the playoffs from his Sherman Oaks, Calif. Spanish palace tonight. He and his second wife, Carol, just put the property on the market for $2.15 million.
For that price, the buyer gets the following:
• Gourmet kosher kitchen with two dishwashers and three ovens.
• Master suite with balcony overlooking the custom pool and landscaped grounds.
• Outdoor kitchen, dining area and bar.
• Three-car garage.
Fans who want to make a pilgrimage to visit Rose will now have to travel to Vegas.
Wonder what the draw was that caused him to relocate there? They don’t even have a MLB franchise.
Highlights of Pete Rose’s Sherman Oaks’ Calif. House:
• 6 bedrooms, 5 baths
• 4,719-square-feet of living space
• 2.2 miles to the Spearmint Rhino
• 0.9 miles from Whole Foods
• 20 miles to The Bicycle Casino
• Estimated Mortgage (with 20% down): $8,243/mo.