I Did Some College Football Poolgating Last Night
Blah, blah, blah.
Anyone can set up a tent, start a grill and put ice in a cooler. Anyone can pull cornhole boxes out of their Chevy pickup truck.
When it’s 85 degrees in Ohio and you’re running out of hot days, there is only one way to watch college football on opening night – in a pool.
The only big issue last night was the amount of cords it takes to pull off the television arrangement. I had to go buy coaxial cable to run from the family room to the diving board. The dork at RadioShack told me that I could split AT&T and I wouldn’t need a box with the pool TV.
Wrong. You need a box.
So I ran the coaxial line to the diving board and brought out a box. Five minutes later I was watching UNC-USC.
Odds & Ends from Poolgating:
• Some said, “You need a bigger TV.” Nope. A bigger TV is obviously heavier and you start risking the TV falling over into the pool. Stick with a 32″ or smaller LCD.
• The Auburn pants are the infamous Cam Newton BCS game pants. Yep, the pants he wore when Auburn WON THE BCS.
• That’s a personalized BC Cuervo bottle. That’s also a BC personalized Captain Morgan bottle.
• Southern Comfort bean bag chair
• Six Kona’s for the island feel.
• Red Stripe cooler, which is perfect to hang novelty items.
• Make sure your dog doesn’t start running around the yard and get tangled in the extension cord.