What started out on July 11 as a tip to Busted Coverage that RG3 might’ve been texting a former Hooters waitress on his wedding day, has turned into anonymous emails with RG3 Facetime screencaps and a woman wanting paid for “inappropriate” photos of the Redskins quarterback.
I’ll try to simplify this one for you.
Ms. Barber responded by posting an image of texts she claimed came from RG3 in the early hours of July 6. This image was eventually deleted, but not before a Busted Coverage reader saved it.
We posted this image on Sunday, wondering if this was a joke or if RG3 had actually sent the texts to Ms. Barber on his wedding day.
Eventually Ms. Barber contacted us via Twitter, then by email, to say, at first, that this was all some sort of joke she was playing. However, after a few email exchanges with Barber, she admitted that the texts were from RG3 and told us that she had “inappropriate” photos, FaceTime images and texts to sell us.
We were told that those photos included frontal photos of RG3. Ms. Barber scoffed at our offer of $500 for everything she had, minus the dong photos.
We haven’t chatted since.
Today we were approached by an anonymous emailer who sent us two Facetime images of Ms. Barber and RG3 from 2012.
• Barber says the texts are from RG3′s wedding day. She admitted that to us. See above in BOLD.
• From numerous emails and tweets with Barber’s friends, we believe this was just an internet relationship and that the two never actually met in person.
• At least one friend theorized that Barber and RG3 would meet when the Redskins started training camp in Richmond, VA.
• Will we ever buy the RG3 photos? Barber says we’re not even close to her asking price, so no.
• What was RG3 thinking Facetiming a VCU woman who wasn’t his girlfriend? Good question.
• Do we believe the July 6th texts are really from RG3? Yes.
• “You guys are just doing this for pageviews and are trying to drag down RG3.” We could’ve posted a Kate Upton gallery and generated many more pageviews.