NFL WAG Jessica VerSteeg Trains For Miss Iowa Pageant Via BC’s Honey Boo Boo & Tebow Questions
NFL WAG Jessica VerSteeg (@JessVerSteeg – dating suspended N.Y. Giants safety Tyler Sash) sent us a thank you note for the kind words in Monday’s post on her journey to becoming Miss Iowa 2012. She reminded us that she’s competing in the Miss USA operation for the Iowa crown. That said, there isn’t a talent portion of the pageants. Instead, competitors must dazzle during the Q&A portion.
Of course we fired 5 Questions to prepare her for battle.
1. What do you think of Honey Boo Boo & her show giving pageants a bad rap?
A: I have never personally watched the show so I can not speak on behalf of others who watch it and how it is interpreted, but I have seen many clips on the news about Honey Boo Boo and I feel sad for her because some day she will grow up and feel it was unfair to make money off of others making fun of her and her family. I know many pageant girls and they are far from what I have seen in the clips of Honey Boo Boo. The girls I know are about being well-rounded young women who live healthy lives and want to empower other women. I know Honey Boo Boo is too young to do that, but I can say I do not feel her family is encouraging good habits and/or behaviors in young women.2. If you were NFL commissioner, what would you change about the league?A: I would get rid of the fines. I believe in a safe game so the rules should stay the same just give the team a flag or reduce the fines. But they fine these guys half of the money they make and the other half goes to the government.3. Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow?A: HANDS DOWN Tyler Sash NO QUESTION!but in regards to QB I think Mark and Tim are both very talented men, they can improve if they watch Eli ;)
4. If you could trade lives with anyone in the NFL (besides Tyler) who would it be and why?A: I love the life God has blessed me with and I would not want to change a thing. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
5. What piece of Iowa would you transplant in NYC if you had super transplanting powers?
A: Jaarsma Bakery … Yummmm
BC Judge Analysis:
- Seems honest and thoughtful on Honey Boo Boo question. Points deducted for not addressing TLC’s exploitation of poor people in Georgia. Could clean up a little on the NFL line of questioning, maybe throw in Roger Goodell’s name here and there; maybe call him evil.
- Quick on her feet when it comes to getting a dig in on Tebow and Sanchez. Shows with.
- Sorta ducks the prototypical “if you could trade places” pageant question. Might need to play along to satisfy judges at the Miss USA level.
- Hits home run with #5 answer, going with an Iowa bakery (wholesome answer) that has been in business since 1898, serving up a dozen St. Nicholas cookies for $2.75.
Can VerSteeg Win Miss Iowa Title:
We checked with our Vegas buddies and they have her at 3:1. In other words, VerSteeg better be competing for the 2013 Miss USA title next summer.
*The Miss Iowa USA competition takes place in Newton, IA on October 13-14.