Yes, A Couple Had A Home Plate Wedding This Weekend At Rangers Ballpark [PHOTOS]
Ladies, it’s your lucky day if you’ve ever had dreams of marrying the man of your dreams at home plate at Rangers Ballpark. Not satisfied with a reception inside the ballpark? Not satisfied with the standard fan tour where you get to visit the lockerroom and sniff the same air as Josh Hamilton? The Texas Rangers have the ultimate fan experience. How cool would it be to sit behind home plate and taunt your buddy who’s about to get tied down?
Of course we all hate the actual process of a church wedding. Now, there are options.
This Texas wedding took place Saturday at Rangers Ballpark and, as you can see, invitees were asked to sit in the $300 seats. @jdblundell reports that this is Ward and Caryn’s big day. Could have tied the knot at a church. Maybe Vegas. At the courthouse. Instead, they chose home plate.
And the Rangers are actually encouraging couples to use their facility for big life-changing events. A $100 deposit gets you on a waiting list to rent space inside the park. No word on what it costs to hold a home plate wedding. The Cardinals, however, do list their prices. A home plate wedding will run $4,750 for 300 guests, not include catering.
Meanwhile, the White Sox offer the ultimate shotgun wedding experience. You can get married in an aisle at U.S. Cellular just 2 hours & 15 minutes before first pitch. Game tickets included if you chose this option.
- Ceremony at home plate with your guests seated in the stands behind home plate – ($3,500 value)
- Bridal party pictures at home plate, visitor’s dugout, ballpark seats, warning track, & bullpen – ($500 value)
- Use of scoreboard for up to 2 hours to welcome your guests – ($990 value)
- Use of Video Board for up to 2 hours for ceremony and/or to show that special video of when you were kids – ($3,140 value)
- Use of 1st & 3rd Base Lounges for three hours prior to the ceremony for bridal party – ($1,500 value)
- Reception following the ceremony in the Metropolitan Club or Puckett Atrium in the Legends Club – (up to a $1,950 value)
- 1/2 off room rental for other pre-wedding events (i.e. rehearsal dinner, bachelor/ bachelorette party, etc) – (up to a $1,475 value)
Your move, baseball couples. Totally scratch the church idea. Send us an invite and we’ll bring a bottle and the peanuts.