Hines Ward once told Architectural Digest about the dream home he constructed in Atlanta: “Before I built my dream house,” Ward says, “I spent years clipping pictures from magazines. I watch design shows on TV; I make mental notes wherever I go—friends’ places, hotels. You can be amazed at what you pick up just by paying attention.” The place was his pride and joy. Years in the making. Yep, now it’s on the market.
According to his AD magazine feature, the 8 bedroom/13 bath dream home would be his forever home where his child would one day learn about his father’s greatness via the trophy room where designers recreated Hines’ locker.
Of course we know that his NFL career is likely over after the Steelers released him in February. Now the house is going to be history. To be sold to some rich human who enjoys a house that’s fashioned after a ‘W’ Hotel.
Highlights of Hines Ward ‘Dream Home’:
• 12,000 sq. ft.
• Mother-in-law or maid apartment above garage
• 8 beds/13 baths
• Laundry hookups in master bedroom
• Dining room seats 12
• 7 fireplaces
• Theater room that isn’t some junker several of these athletes are creating
• Two sink areas in the kitchen
• Some sort of indoor jacuzzi area that looks like a 21st century grotto
• What more can we say? Dude is going to miss this place.
Mortgage: 30-year fixed mortgage, $1,500,000 down = $31,000/mo.