Although we doubt Khloe Kardashian will go with him, Mr. Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom, has been shipped to the D-League in what can only be described as a terrible year for last season’s NBA Sixth Man of the Year.
Odom is being asked to spend at least one game with the Dallas Mavericks’ D-League affiliate in Frisco, Texas (where?) to work on his mental and physical conditioning. The Texas Legends are coached by former NBA head coach Del Harris, who the Mavs apparently think can whip Lamar back into shape in about two days.
We’d surmise this is somehow all connected to Kardashian, but Odom played like a killer for the Los Angeles Lakers last season after he was married. Of course, his play did drop off as the year went on, so draw your own conclusions.
Anyway, let’s recap the downfall of Lamar Odom, just for posterity’s sake.
- Marries the ugliest Kardashian sister
- Khloe & Lamar reality show launches — is neither funny or entertaining
- Lakers get swept in the playoffs by the Mavs
- Lakers attempt to trade Odom to New Orleans as part of the Chris Paul deal, fail
- Lamar’s feelings hurt
- Lakers ship disgruntled Lamar to Dallas for a bag of chips
- Fat, disinterested Lamar sulks his way through games, generally plays like crap
- Lamar gets sent to Frisco, Texas
So, maybe we can trace the downfall of Lamar Odom to one particular event.