As you might know by know, Busted Coverage spent a few weeks on the road this fall attending some of the biggest college football games with Quinn the AXE (@AXE) mannequin and our cohorts at COED Magazine. We made it to four ESPN GameDay stops and knocked off dozens of bucket list items. There were pictures with Erin Andrews, multiple beers at the best college bars & of course we met a few celebrities including Desmond Howard who answered 5 Questions.
1. How bad could it get for Ohio State? No bowl game? Only 5 wins?
I’m not sure what you mean by the “only 5 wins” part of the question? But it could get pretty bad for OSU. To be honest with you, everyone’s waiting on the NCAA ruling. We speculate that there may be loss of scholarships and some sort of ban from post season play. But it’s all in the hands of the NCAA now.
2. What’s it going to take for Big Ten to win a BCS over SEC? Would 1 loss SEC team get in over undefeated Wisconsin if Oklahoma is undefeated, too.
It would take a tremendous effort from any team that plays in the national championship game, especially against an SEC team. The first order of the day is to match their physicality. It’s a matter of fighting fire with fire when it comes to playing a top team in the SEC. It’s a possibility that an undefeated Wisconsin could get in over a one-loss SEC team, but not a strong one. It all depends on how the voters judge their strength of schedule.
3. When Corso retires will you start wearing the mascot heads on GameDay?
I don’t see anyone carrying coach’s schtick. He’s one-of-a-kind, and I see him as irreplaceable.
4. What’s in that briefcase we’ve seen you carrying around on GameDay? Secrets we should know about?
The launch codes. If I tell ya, I’d have to kill ya. It’s crazy to think that I carry a briefcase, but a lot of people think I carry a satchel based a GameDay commercial I did. Now that’s taking one for the team!
5. Desmond Howard looks like he could suit up and run a 4.5 40 right now. Realistically, what are you running right now if some young punk challenges you to a race?